To all Members of the Heather Park Neighbourhood Watch
2018 is fast drawing to a close. We have a new Executive Committee who will beat your service next year and we look forward to an exciting year of progress and prosperity within the Neighbourhood Watch. Our appreciation to SAPS and CPF for their on-going interest and support.
Before we all go off to our various holiday destinations, we want to thank you, the Members, who so loyally support the Neighbourhood Watch throughout the year. Our regular attendees at meetings have become family and we look forward to seeing you every month. To those of you who cannot attend meetings but show interest through your kind donations, your offers of help when needed, your friendly greetings, a very big thank-you.
A word of caution before you leave your home: criminals are opportunistic and will take advantage of your home being left unattended.
- Ensure that all windows, external doors and security gatesare locked
- Secure valuables like jewellery, cameras, laptops etc in a safe
- Activate your alarm
- Leave an outside light on when going out at night
- When leaving for extended periods, give your house keys to a neighbour or friend.
Ask them to check your home regularly, alternate lights – switch on at night and off in the morning.
- Inform your NW / Security company that you will be away and leave a contact no in case of emergency. HPNW contact No: 076 169 6479.
- Remember to make adequate provision for your pets.
You can now go on holiday with peace of mind, knowing the HPNW patrollers will still regularly be doing their rounds and keeping an eye on your property.
Blessings to all and drive safely!
Your HPNW Committee